Pages

Dawn Pritchard Pinterest

Follow Me on Pinterest

Monday, August 23, 2010

Canada, eh!



Hi Everyone
I am very sad today for myself, and for Canada.  Tomorrow we are loosing the Ward family who are moving back down to the USA.  I am going to miss them sooo much.  Today's project is my going away gift to them.  It's a 12x12 scrapbook LO I made based on the Canadian flag.  I attached it to a canvas and staple gunned the ribbon the back to she can hang it easy in her new home. If you click on the picture it will make it larger to see the details.
Supplies/ Directions
1.I used Presto Patterns Specialty DSP for the main sheet & inked it up with a Brayer and Real Red Ink to make the pattern pop.  If you have not tried this DSP yet, why?? It is so fun! It comes all white, but when you ink it up and way you want, the patterns pop out! 6 patterns/pack.  The patterns won't hold the ink, just the background does! Cool, eh! 
2.I snailed down Whisper White Organza ribbon along the edges of the red to cover the messy parts.
3. Using my old color wheel, I traced it as a template onto Real Red Textured C/S and cut out.
4.I used the Big Shot to cut out white leaves with the Leaves #2 Die.
5. Next, since I can not sew, I cheat! I used a stapler and made a box pleat in my 1 1/14" Basic Black Striped Grograin Ribbon.  Then I just tied a bow.
6. For my flower embellishment, I used the Big Shot and the Circle #2 Die and cut out some polyester, 2 layers, so 8 circles. I offset them with a brad, and used my Heat Tool to melt the fabric; then I placed a sticky back Rhinestone over the brad, and spritzed it with Smootch Silver Foil.  I must say I LOVE this flower and I'm going to  making one for my hair soon!
7. Then I just layer it all up and attached with a Tombow Glue and the ribbon with Sticky Strip.  Please don't use snail when attaching paper to be hung up on a canvas, it will not be strong enough and over time your project will fall.  Please used glue & or Sticky Strip. I finished the project up with some paper embellishments from My Mind's Eye and some Thickers.
Don't forget to take advantage of my WEEK LONG ON-LINE SALE! Click HERE for details.
Thanks for stopping by today...let me know you were here! Leave me a comment, I really love it when people leave comments, it really does make my day!
Dawn

2 comments:

Ange McKay, North Shore Stamper said...

Gorgeous! What a gift!!!!!

Skittrall Family said...

Hi Dawn, that is a gorgeous gift! The Ward family is AWESOME! They were my neighbors in Washington state. We were very sad when they moved away from us too. What an amazing family they are.
-Rachel Skittrall