Pages

Dawn Pritchard Pinterest

Follow Me on Pinterest

Monday, February 7, 2011

Straw Flower Tutorial

Hi Everyone
Sorry I'm posting late today; this is the first Monday of the Month and my Scrapbook Club planner is due out to my SU! Demo Customers. So I've been busy with that all day. This is actually part of the Planner;  I wanted to give you Demo's a taste of my Scrapbook Club Planners. This months planner actually includes 2 fabric flower techniques in it. Just a heads up; you DO NOT have to be a Demo to purchase my planners, these are perfect for anyone! It is a 12x12 Scrapbook page with matching card planner with full step by step pictures and descriptions on how to recreate.
So here is my Straw fabric flower technique: this was shown on main stage at Leadership this year.

1. Cut a small snip in your fabric at 1/2", tear up to make a strip.  Cut into 3, 6" strips of fabric.  I'm using the new Sweet Stitches Fabric 121818. Layer your fabric like picture: make an 'X" and layer last one through center.

 2. Fold each end up to the center; this is the BACK of your flower.
 3. Make sure you are happy with the placement of your petals.
4. Use your Crop a Dile on the 1/8" punch setting, and punch a hole in the center of the flower making sure, all ends are pierced.  Insert brad of choice; this one is Sweet Stitches Fabric Brad.  For my card, I used a tiny brad and glue dotted a button on top.

Thanks for stopping by.  Tomorrow I will post the link for March's Club Planner with a sneak peek.
Photobucket

1 comment:

Erika Martin - Stampin' Mama said...

Aren't those cute! Thanks for sharing how you made them!