Pages

Dawn Pritchard Pinterest

Follow Me on Pinterest

Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Pop Can Accessories




Hi Everyone
While I was blog hopping on the week end I came across this great idea on Dawn Griffith's blog to make  a pin out of a pop can! SO easy to do..and you can use any Die you want! I choose to use the same on as she did cause I thought they were just cute and a great size; I just curled my edges up with my bone folder before I attached the 3 layers together.    My Club Girls made these as well and actually attached them to the top of their book marks.  I thought they would make a great gift; a book mark and a pretty pin! 
A little note: the cans are sharp when you cut them; BUT are NOT sharp once they run through the Big Shot Dies! You could make ANY accessory you wanted and add it to any project!  We don't drink a lot of pop in our house, so I only had enough empty cans to cover my Club Girls projects and 1 for me... as soon as I get some more cans I'm going to try some other dies out.  I think a tin butterfly would look pretty darn cute!

Photobucket

2 comments:

Sabriena Satchwell said...

Dawn! This is freaking awesome!!!! I love how the colours match your scarf so perfectly! I can't wait to make myself one. :-)

Mandy said...

Don't mean to be a downer, but wouldn't that be kind of sharp??