Pages

Dawn Pritchard Pinterest

Follow Me on Pinterest

Friday, April 15, 2011

I can bake!




Hi Everyone
The boys birthday went really well yesterday. They are still having their Superhero party, but that is not till next week and  their actual birthday was yesterday so we just had the family over.  It took me all day to bake their cake...its was a giant cupcake, and that sucker took a long time to bake! I used the recipe it came with; a chocolate pound cake,  not the yummiest cake I've eaten, but luckily the icing saved the day.  So next time I make this, I'll use a my grandma's tried and true chocolate cake recipe.  But anyhoo...this icing ROCKED!!!!  It's basically meringue.... YUMMY!  I made a double batch as I wasn't sure how much I would need, and we had a lot left over.  So as you can see we had a lot of fun with the extra, and then I baked them into yummy meringue cookies...FYI...grease the pan! I didn't so getting them off deflated them! LOL! They went from Fluffy Stay Puff heads to little deflated dog poo's! LOL! But boy did they taste amazing! You can find the recipe HERE.
Photobucket

1 comment:

Sabriena Satchwell said...

The cake looks AWESOME!!!!