Pages

Dawn Pritchard Pinterest

Follow Me on Pinterest

Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Meet my Designers

Hi Everyone
For the next couple of days, I'm going to be posting the Bio's of the awesome ladies who teach in my store.
First one is Nancy; please click on the CLASSES tab above to see Nancy up coming "Time" double Layout Class which is available in pink or turquoise.
Here is her crafting story:

Well what can I say about myself.......I am the mother of 3 kids all aged 6 and under.I was born and raised in St Albert (except for 3 years I was away).  I am technically a Stay at home Mom however I never seem to be home ahhh kids.  I have been scrapbooking and card making for about 7 years, and I have been teaching both for more than half that time. I have always been "crafty" whether it is watercolors, ceramics, quilting, home decor, I love to make things. Let see ......I am a button ADDICT, I have tons of buttons from to many sources to mention.........seriously they fill jars all over my basement.  I am obbsessed with altering things, whether it is distressing a page, stickling Thickers or taking a "body frame" from doll clothes and turning it into a page embellisment, very rarely does anything I get stay as is.  I can't say there is any specific line that I love the most .......though I am partial to Mr. Tim Holtz and to Basic Grey  probably because both of these pushed me out of my "kiddy" comfort zone.  I love Stickles as well as sprays..........sprays (all kinds) are a newer love for me however I am sure I have had Stickles since I started scrapbooking.  Just like the scrapbooking industry I feel  we are all constantly changeing as artists, scrapbooking is not just paper and photos anymore, I know my tastes have both expanded and refined over the years.
 
When it comes down to it  I strongly believe that anyone can do this not matter what your artistic ability, trust me I have seen it all. We don't all start out making perfect pages.........if you look at my beginner stuff you would be shocked. I only show it because it has baby photos in it, and to show that you to can do this.  My best advice to anyone intreseted ...take classes and get to know you local scrapbook store. This way you will meet people like yourself just starting out as well as experianced scrappers. I still take classes to learn new techniques or to get out of a creative funk, and most scrappers are always willing to share advice, products , or give you a demonstration.   I am always here for anyone who needs help, I don't pretend to know it all but I will help you however I can even if its just to point you into the direction of someone more knowledgable on the specific subject than me.  If I have posted something at the shop or online and you would like to know about how  it was done feel free to ask , I love what I do and I love to share what I do with others.  Also if there is anything your intreseted in my teaching please let me know I will do my best to incorporate  it in a future class ........and if I am not able  to Dawn is always up to a challenge.  For those who do attend my classes or purchase my kits I always include my email address  with the instruction sheet incase you have questions, if your not email friendly Dawn knows how to find me (if i am not already in the store). I can also be found on facebook .........or my new blog (bare with me on this I just started this one and its still a work in  progress) www.willworkforbuttons.blogspot.com   I know shocking choice of title for the button addict.
 
I look forward to meeting all of you, whether it is in a class, a crop or not, I am always around so feel free to say Hi, and I hope my work will help inspire your creativity!
 

Nancy

No comments: