Pages

Dawn Pritchard Pinterest

Follow Me on Pinterest

Monday, November 10, 2014

Design Team #2 Posting: KATE!


Mini Album Art Journal








The Inspiration




When I saw the inspiration picture, all I could think was winter. Winter. Winter. Winter. And winter isn’t really my thing. So once I finished thinking about pulling out winter boots, shovelling snow, and putting on winter tires, I remembered how pretty winter can be.
Not the brown slush part but the snowflakes and bright holiday lights, and all that white.



The Base and Cover












I’m big on texture, monochromatic schemes, and reusing anything and everything I can. Once I cut out the chipboard for the base, first thing I did was use some stamps to start on adding a little more to the background.











The Art Journal


I pulled out pages from an art journal I hate to admit I sort of gave up on because the coil binding got in my way. Lefthand problems, right? I’m no expert in binding pages but it’s a lot easier than it looks.











The Inside


I used the same stamps and paper for the inside cover but I added two large paperclips and hot glued them in to hold whatever I felt like putting their later. Which will most likely be polaroids I keep to add to my art journal this holiday season.








The Final Product


One minialbum journal read for this holiday season. I have a bad habit of not finishing full size scrapbooks because they’re huge but minialbums always work for me. They’re usually a combination between art journalling and scrapbooking but that’s exactly what I like.









The Materials





  • chipboard paper 

  • lined cardstock – snowday, lawn fawn 

  • gold foil cardstock – teresa colins, tinsel & company 

  • white crinkle ribbon 

  • christmas stamps –  snow village, pink paislee 

  • christmas circle stamps – heartfelt creations 

  • wooden embellishments – american crafts 

  • white embroidery thread 

  • plastic packaging scraps 

  • the packaging from the wooden embellishments




The Tools





  • double sided tape 

  • hot glue gun and; heat gun 

  • whipped spackle 

  •  sewing needle 

  • white acrylic paint – dina wakley 

  • white chalk edger 

  • mod podge 

  • gold spray ink – heidi swapp
    black ink






No comments: