Pages

Dawn Pritchard Pinterest

Follow Me on Pinterest

Monday, November 17, 2014

Novevember Design Team: Monica Longard's Winter Wonderland


November Design Team Project - Winter Wonderland by Monica Longard

I am so honored to be on my first design team and to be working with the great women at The Inked Stamper! I have always had great service and support from Dawn and all her staff and found so much inspiration from everyone I have met there and all the great supplies I have bought there.  I was inspired by a great project I saw Courtney do and I just had to use the Prima Doll tray when she gave us our challenge and it included a Julie Nutting Prima doll.

I began by finding as much white and blue for paper and embellishments as I could, because those are the colours I was drawn to in the challenge photo and to me those are colours I associate with winter - the blue of ice and cold and the white of snow, snowflakes and a winter wonderland.  I started by painting my tray a soft blue and then I tried to accent it with some clear crackle. That didn't turn out quite how I wanted, so I sprayed it with the silver glitter mist Dawn introduced me to.

Then I had to decide on a Julie Nutting Prima doll cling stamp to use and I had to pick Valentina because to me she looks like she is wearing a cute winter dress lined with fur! And I hadn't used my Copic markers in awhile so they were perfect for this. I coloured her and then used some distress glitter and liquid applique to sparkle her up. 
  

Then to finish the tray, I found some winter wonderland paper and filled in all the boxes, distressing the paper because I just can't do a project without distressing the paper!!  I then gave them some wintery accents by adding snow using the great snow marker I got at the shop.  I also had to give Valentina wings because they were in the challenge photo and I just love them - and it was another place I could add wintery sparkle.

I finished up the tray by adding flowers and embellishments that I got at the shop. I was inspired by the paper and the embellishments and just wanted to make the tray look fun and like a Winter Wonderland!  
 

 
I hope you all like my project - I had a great time making it and I just love working with all the great products that I can find at The Inked Stamper. They make my crafting so enjoyable.

Monica Longard
http://buffylongard.blogspot.ca/?m=1





THANKS for stopping by

3 comments:

Pam K said...

Monica, it is stunning! I have been wanting to make a tray for a long time; thank you for the motivation! Valentina is gorgeous, especially with those wings and I love the colouring. And that paper is so amazingly elegant and beautiful. Great job!!

Kate said...

This is awesome! I've always wanted to do something with those trays but can never seem to find the inspiration. Great idea. And you can never go wrong with white and blue!

Guild Master Crystal said...

This is beautiful. I love the papers you've used and all the wintery sparkle and fun embellishments :)