Pages

Dawn Pritchard Pinterest

Follow Me on Pinterest

Tuesday, December 23, 2014

50% OFF January SALE, FREE CROP Jan 3 PLUS Crystal's Design Team Project...WINE TAGS!





10385569_10152440428316361_7264849185677810181_n.jpg
Did we have you at WINE???
Hi All! Dawn here, before we move on to Crystal's AWESOME Wine Bottle Tags, I wanted to let you know that we are CLOSED for the Holiday Season and will OPEN 10am January 2 with a 50% off SALES! Entire product collections 50% off!!! WE HATE STOCK COUNT so help up not have to do it!!!! PLUS JANUARY 3 is a FREE CROP 10am-10pm!!!!


Merry Christmas, fellow crafters! As my post was scheduled to be the last before Christmas, I thought it a little late for Christmas card inspiration, so decided to create some wine tags. I made mine based off the above inspiration photo, but these would be great to make and use throughout the holiday season whilst visiting family and friends to really dress up a bottle of wine.

IMG_1429.jpg
This one is simple and classy. The snowflake was cut using the Lawn Fawn “Stitched Snowflakes” die set, which I’ve used a lot on Christmas crafts this year. I also added some accents to everything with a white gel pen.

IMG_1431.jpg
For this one, I went with a more whimsical deer and humorous saying. This would actually be great to put on a bottle of vodka, rye, or any other spirit, as it would make it extra “punny.” The deer is from the Dylusions “Christmas Accessories” set and the sentiment is from the Dylusions “Christmas Words” set, which is a must-have for those snarky holiday cards.
paper piecing.jpg
Instead of colouring the image, I chose to paper piece him.

PicMonkey Collage.jpg
This one pulls double duty as a gift card holder. I didn’t have a gift card at home, so made a stand-in for demonstrative purposes. On the block letters, I used a snow pen marker and some Iced Stickles.

To create the pocket, I simply folded the piece around the main panel and glued it all together. The whole piece was then adhered to the wine tag basepocket making.jpg
A tip when creating pockets of any sort: be sure to use a wet adhesive as opposed to a dry one, lest your gift card, money, picture, or whatever you’re placing in the pocket, get stuck to the dry adhesive which will never truly “dry” and be not sticky anymore.  

These wine tags are fairly easy to make, and you can make them as simple or elaborate as you want. Should you like to make your own wine tags for the holiday feasting season I will give you the measurements for the bases of the ones I made.

First Two Tags: Paper cut to 8.5” x 2.75” and scored at 2.5”. I used a 2” circle punch for the hole because it is literally the only circle punch I own, but I think a smaller one would be better - 1.5” would probably be perfect.

Third Tag: Paper cut to 7.75” x 3.75” and scored at 2.5”. The piece for the pocket was cut to 2.5” x 4.25” and then scored a quarter of an inch on each side to create the flaps to wrap around the main panel of patterned paper. I wanted the pocket a little bigger so more of that great deer paper would be showing, but didn’t want the gift card drowning in the pocket, so when gluing it together I put glue on the entire bottom half (1.25”) so the gift card could stick out the top.

Thanks for joining the design team this month and hopefully you were inspired for your own Christmas crafting. I wish you all a safe and happy holiday season with your family and can’t wait to start creating again in 2015!

~ Crystal Thompson

No comments: