Pages

Dawn Pritchard Pinterest

Follow Me on Pinterest

Tuesday, March 15, 2016

Playing and falling in LOVE with NeoColorII's



Hi All!
I had some spare time last week and sat down to play....literally play! I didn't have a plan or anything except that I wanted to create with supplies that I just haven't had time to properly create with yet. That included my NeoColorII water soluble wax pastels and my Pebeo DYNA Iridescent paints...so this background is actually shimmery!!! SO FUN! Wish I could figure out how to take a better picture to show the shimmer! I got the paints at DeSerres in WEM.
Let me tell you, I LOVE these NeoColorII's, NOW! I've had some DUD creations with these guys for sure because I didn't' take the time to use them correctly with the supplies I had. AKA my journal.  My journals are not watercolor journals, they are mixed media paper....there is a difference! They take the pigments differently.  So when I first used them, I was not impressed with them.  They didn't produce the results I expected, BUT it was my fault for using them incorrectly on the paper I had.  So I figured out how to use them in my journals and I tell you, I will be using them A LOT now! They are pricey, but worth it! These "crayons" allow you loads of control, but best of all, the pigments are very concentrated and go a LONG LONG WAY. So that breaks the price down considerably making them worth their price tag! You can buy them individually at Delta Art ($2.45-2.95 depending if sale is on; for my Edmonton area peeps) or buy them in sets that come in a fabulous metal case to keep your precious color jewels safe.
I worked in my large A3 Moleskine, but I just did it as a single spread, so I turned it sideways. This makes it the same size as a Dylusions journal, BUT with NO SEAM!  So you have a bit more creative freedom. The picture is not of the full page, but zoomed in on the owl.  If it was, you'd see that the owl would be 2/3 on one page and 1/3 on the other...which wouldn't look as impressive with a seam down one eye.  Check out picture below this is the full spread. (work in progress shot)
The quote says: Be Kind to unkind people. They need it the most.   
Here's a link to DeltaArts to check out the Neo's! Scroll down, to the NeoColor's. 




Photobucket

No comments: